Food is one of the largest expenses every family can have each month. And we all are little worn out after all that holiday shoppings, but saving money actually start from the kitchen. Living on a budget and looking for many ways to reduce the food expenses while still enjoying tasty and healthy meals is something like we all are struggling it with daily.
To help you start your year off right, we are compiled with few quick tips and strategies:
Make a master list of 10-20 meals: Firstly ask all the family member in your home and prepare a list of their favorite meals,and then highlight those foods that can be quickly prepared, ones that don’t need too many ingredients, and ones that contain similar ingredients.
Focus on using foods that are currently in season: In addition to your local grocery store, you can shop a nearby farmers’ market for deals on produce. Buy the fruits and vegetables according to the seasons.
Experiment with new vegetarian dishes: To increase your consumption of healthy plant foods and save money start experimenting to cook vegetarian dishes which have Proteins such as beans, nuts, seeds and eggs are often less expensive than meats, highly nutritious and easy to prepare.
Look for meal-stretching foods and recipes: Get familiar with all foods and recipes which are most cost-effective and look for inexpensive ingredients which have more nutritional value – such as eggs, lentils, beans and sweet potatoes.
You can also choose for versatile foods that can be added in a number of recipes such as chicken or tofu. Also, make sure to check your local grocer store for any sales so that you can easily take an advantage of the discounts and stock up on staples like canned and frozen vegetables.
If you want a budget friendly recipes and delicious food, then you don’t have to worry, it is possible! The recipes you want to include in your budget recipe are affordable and you have many of the ingredients in your home!
If you are also looking for some new budget recipes and exciting offers , Click Here you will get MySubway card discounts offers on your food orders.
Let’s check out a few recipes that you can esaily made at your home.
Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas is the best vegetarian quesadillas you’ll ever taste.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 4 White Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or to preference)
- 1/2 can of Black Beans, rinsed
- 2 Large handfuls of Cheddar
- Juice from 1/2 a Lime
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
How to make Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Peel and slices sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks and then roast into the oven.
- Lightly smash it once it will cool.
- Oil one side of a tortilla wrap and place it oil side down on a pan with the heat off. Spread over sweet potato.
- Add black beans and cheese.
- Add tortilla wrap on top, brush with oil and turn on the heat.
- Fry both sides 6-8 mins until nice and golden.
- Serve with any additional toppings and sides. Enjoy!
If you’ve been looking for a low-carb way to enjoy pizza, try this:
- 4 large zucchinis
- Jar of pizza sauce
- 2 cups of cheese
- Take four large zucchinis, wash them, and cut them lengthwise into 3/4-inch slices.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and lay them flat on baking sheets.
- Heat them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then take them out of the oven.
- Cover each zucchini surface with pizza sauce and a sprinkle of your favorite shredded cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.